Monday, June 13, 2011

Love. Hope. Faith. Peace.

As I lay in bed awake and sleepless as the sun begins to rise, peaking through the dusty white shades slowly filling the room with light, I feel my mind racing. All the possibilities of what my future holds run in circles through my head. Thats the best part isn't it though, that we never know what exactly is going to happen? For me, thats what has sent my mind on a trip. I have come face to face with the unknown and am not getting along with this unfamiliarity very well. I want to do so many things in my life, from joining the Peace Corps to getting married and having a family of my own on top of finishing school and being successful in my workplace. But, I mainly want to find myself. I feel that the only way to do this is to experience and explore the world around me. On my journey to fully appreciating this earth I will find myself. Once I set out on this path I will accomplish my dreams and goals; I will help as many people as I can in anyway possible. I will make a difference. I will be the change. I will live my life and let friends and a true love complete me like a puzzle.


A few of my thoughts have stemmed from a special person, a friend. One that cannot be described by the dictionary. According to dictionary.com, a friend is:
1. A person attached to another by feelings of affection orpersonal regard.
2. A person who gives assistance; patron; supporter.
3. A person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile.

However, to me, a friend is someone that inspires you, challenges you to be a better person, and brings out the best in you. I have recently come across a person who has helped me realize this. Together we have conversed about many things, in particular is something that we both feel passionately about; love, hope, faith, and peace. 
Love-- A challenge to fall in love with as many things as possible, but never settle for less than your soul mate. 
Hope-- A challenge to be hopeful in every aspect of your life. 
Faith-- A challenge to have faith in yourself and everyone around you. 
Peace-- A challenge to find peace within yourself, within those around you, within this world. 




"I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feeling. My wisdom flows from the Highest Source. I salute that Source in you. Let us work together for unity and love." -Gandhi's Prayer for Peace
<3
xoxo. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you with everything I have. I am so proud of who you are today and who you are becoming and feel incredibly blessed to be a part of this journey. You will do wonderful things Kaitlyn. I thank fate for you and this life every single day. You truly are the most incredible gift. Thank you for everything you have given to me. You are an incredible friend. The best.

    ReplyDelete